The weights found in this category are used for barbell training. We offer our customers as many as several dozen types of weights of various weight, diameter and manufacturing method. These include cast iron weights, chrome rubber weights, and weights made of cast iron and covered with rubber.
When purchasing, it is important to match the diameter of the weights to the barbell. If you have any problems or doubts, please contact the shop staff, who will help you choose the right products. The barbell weights are suitable for both amateur and professional bodybuilders. Additionally, this category includes weights that can be installed in the multi-gym machines to complement its factory equipment.
Our shop offers only the highest quality barbells from reliable manufacturers of sports equipment, including companies such as Hop Sport, York Fitness, Meteor and Platinum Fitness.
Gym weights - the base of strength training
Effective strength training requires the use of precisely selected accessories, which are barbell weights also called plates. Their use allows you to build muscle tissue, model your figure and strengthen the endurance power of your body. Regular training with free weights allows for the development of individual muscle groups, and a big advantage of this type of exercise is that it can be performed both at the gym and at home.
Which barbell weights can you find in Marbo?
Our assortment consists exclusively of professional weights of renowned brands on the market, which are perfectly matched to the diameter of the griffin. The types of weights offered for exercises differ not only in weight and size, but also in the material from which they are made, structure and profile. Each of our barbell weights is characterized by high durability and modern design that affect the comfort of your workout.
The main categories of weights for the gym are related to the material from which they are made. The most common types of weights are:
- Cast iron weights: they are distinguished by excellent durability and smaller dimensions, which is why they are preferred by people who have limited space in their home gym. Marbo store offers you any weight variant of this type of weights - from 1,25 kg to 25 kg, depending on the intensity of your training plan.
- bituminous weights: although these are generally less durable than their cast iron counterparts, they are safer to use, so they are a good choice for those beginning their adventure with strength training. In case of a fall, they will not damage the ground and are more comfortable to use.
- Rubberised weights: rubber coated weights protect your equipment and the ground from falling and dampen noise. The flexible rubber is additionally non-slip, hence this kind of gym weight plates will give you a safe and secure grip.
You can also choose the type of weights depending on the shape and profile of the plate. In our assortment you will find:
- full gym weights: you will find both cast iron weights without finger holes in heavy weights and rubber granulate weights for intensive use
- handlebar-type load: have additional handgrips, which make it much easier to change weights on a barbell bar and enable independent use of the plate as part of strength training
- square weights: their specially shaped handles allow you to comfortably carry the load, and the rubberized surface ensures a high level of abrasion resistance.
How to choose the right weights?
Exercise weights should be selected according to the abilities of the exercising person and his/her level of advancement. Their weight determines the efficiency of the strength training, as well as the correct sence of the muscles working. Weights are best chosen under the guidance of a personal trainer who can best assess your maximum weight and individual strength abilities. On some websites you can also find practical calculators so that you will be able to determine your maximum muscle strength and thus calculate the acceptable load weight.